Here is my favourite D.I.Y YOGA MAT SPRAY, it’s quick, simple and all natural so no need to spend a fortune on a shop bought one to clean your mat after a sweaty class, which will no doubt be full of preservatives aswell. This way you can spray it anywhere you like and not have to worry if it’s safe, you can spray it on your face, use it as a room spray…whatever you fancy. Go crazy!
All you need is:
- small spray bottle
- water (3/4 of spray bottle)
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil (great for its anti-bacterial properties)
- 1 drop lavender essential oil (I use this as it’s calming and sometimes I spray a little around the room before I practice at home, or in the air above me before savasana…bliss!!)
- Optional: witch hazel or white vinegar (1/4 of spray bottle…also for anti-bacterial properties)
- soft cloth to wipe/dry with
*you can add any essential oils you like, lemongrass & eucalyptus is great if you want a lovely fresh, cleansing smell.
So simple you’ll probably have most ingredients in your cupboards already!
Have a go and let me know what you think, or if you’ve tried any other essential oil combinations you’ve liked let me know!