Aloe Vera, dubbed the “heal-all” for it’s many benefits + use for treating many conditions, both internal + external. Aloe Vera Juice is a gooey, thick liquid made from the flesh of the aloe vera plant leaf. It is commonly known to treat sunburns but as i have recently-ish discovered, drinking this healthy bad boy in juice form provides you with a list of other health benefits! OK, so I’m not gunna lie, it doesn’t taste amazing but its definitely tolerable and if its doing you good then its always worth it and all you need is a shot a day (its definitely no worse than a 3am tequila which we’ve ALL done and this is actually doing our bodies a good deed!!) You can also mix it into juices and shakes so you cant even notice it’s there!!
What are these health benefits you ask?
SUPPORTS IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Packed full of immune-boosting polysaccharides which help store energy from our foods and help the immune system behave itself!
- Can slow inflammatory cascade and help re-order the immune response to prevent inflammatory conditons such as asthma, eczema and crohn’s disease
- Crammed full of amino acids, vitamins + minerals aloe juice can help strengthen digestion + help rid the body of any nasty waste, detoxifying the body naturally
- Aloe juice is definitely worth a try for anyone suffering with digestion problems such as IBS. The healing + soothing properties can help with painful symptoms
- Drinking aloe vera juice helps increase the water content in your intestines; research shows this and the stimulation of peristalsis, helps with constipation
- Helps normalise the healthy bacteria in your gut, keeping healthy intestinal flora balanced
- Aloe juice helps clear inflammatory + irritating heat, including skin conditions such as acne + rosacea
- The important compounds in aloe vera have also been shown to neutralize the effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, repair your skin from existing UV damage, and help prevent fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothes inflamed skin, enhances collagen + hyaluronic acid to help rejuvenate skin
- Trust me, I’m getting closer to my goal length every day!! Helloooo beautiful, bouncy beach waves!
- Packed with Vitamins A,C,E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folic acid + Minerals like Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Selenium + Potassium
HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?
I take a shot a day (probably half a standard shot glass??) until i finish a bottle then have a few months break and start again. Or just buy a bottle as and when you feel you need a little sparkle. I’m not completely sure if there are any negatives, none that I’ve found (other than to be careful as it can be a powerful laxative which could potentially damage the natural bowel movements if taken in excess!!) but I think it’s generally safe and a great source of healthy so is great to have as a little pick me up when you’re feeling a bit dull.
My favourite is FOREVER Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe + goodbye…sorry that’s terrible!