About

Welcome to Melons & Mantras!!

I’m Chloe – a former junk food, binge drinking hot head. Now a healthy eating, mostly plant-based foodie & yogi. And occasional crazy gal. 

I wanted to create this blog to inspire you to live a healthy, holistic lifestyle, and also to keep myself on the right track! We all have our good days and bad, I have days where all I want is cheese and chocolate, and the odd naughty day doesn’t hurt if you remember to pull yourself back to focus on your healthy journey. Since changing my diet and starting a regular yoga practice I have so much more energy and I want to inspire you to feel the same.

What you will find here…

  • Health and fitness
  • Yummy recipes and foodie tips
  • Honesty, always! Everyone falls off the wagon from time to time and I am no stranger to this so if I’ve had a dairy binge you’ll hear about it
  • Yoga talk, I’ve been practising for 2-3 years now and am a fully hooked yogi
  • Holistic Remedies, I’m currently studying Herbology and am really interested in natural healing systems such as Ayurveda
  • Travel guides and tips
  • Life inspiration, goal setting and affirmations
  • Cruelty free, natural skin care and make up recommendations
  • Yogi/fitness fashion

Who am i

  • Born & raised Sheffield gal working in Costume for TV
  • I use every bit of time off I get to travel and see new places, I love to explore new lands and take on new adventures
  • I am currently studying herbology, once finished I will embark on a Nutritionist course. 2017 is my year to study, study, study
  • I love hot yoga and Vinyasa flow style yoga classes but after having a car accident last year which made my already bad back go into spasm I am now listening to my body and practising more restorative/hatha style yoga which I love just as much but I do miss the amazing, exhilarated feeling after a sweaty session of hot yoga but for now this is enough. Listening to the body is key to our health guys, rule #1
  • I love to cook, researching recipes and adapting them at home is like meditation to me. And it’s so great to start from scratch and know exactly what’s going into our food!
  • I eat a plant-based diet, 90% of the time. The other 10% is for the occasional fish meal, so much easier when eating out, and for the not-that often dairy binge. Usually to fuel a red wine hangover, guilty!

So, that’s a little bit about me and what you’ll find here on Melons & Mantras. I hope you find something that interests you. Feel free to comment or ask me any questions!

Thanks for reading!

Namaste xx